Scrapbook City Shop Online Gallery Classes Newsletter Sign Up Contact Us Card City BlogScrapbook City Blog

Friday 23 April 2010

New Pink Paislee 365 Degrees and Fancy Pants Family


The first is my layout "Reflect" which has been done with one of the new ranges from Pink Paislee "365 Degrees". These have been the papers that I have been waiting for. Just love the primary colours with a distressed feel to them. The embellishments are a little out of the ordinary as well with cork and the beautiful ribbon pleats that I have used on this layout.





The second is "My Boy" which I have done with the gorgeous "My Family" range of papers from Fancy Pants. This line has a large number of patterned papers and heaps of great matching embellishments. They really lend themselves to a distressed look and the colours have that warm fuzzy feel about them. I have also had a go at making some patterned paper flowers.

These are really simple:-

1. Just draw a spiral circle about 15cm wide and cut out along the pencilled line. You can also cut in a curved motion for a more decorative shape. You can alter the size of your flower by making your spiral bigger or smaller.

2. Ink the edges.

3. Start from the outside of the spiral and roll the paper in towards the centre.

4. Adhere the rolled flower to the spiral's centre and open the bloom by bending the edges back. This part is a bit fiddly but worth the effort.

5. Pop a brad or similar in the centre for decoration and to hold in place.

I will be back to post some more new layouts soon :)

0 comments: