Scrapbook City Shop Online Gallery Classes Newsletter Sign Up Contact Us Card City BlogScrapbook City Blog

Monday 26 July 2010

CHA Summer Chicago 2010











Hello Everyone, greetings from "Windy" Chicago. I am so excited to be here at CHA Summer. Right now it is 4am in the morning, I can't sleep, so I thought I would give you all a quick update of what I have been doing so far.

Many of you may know that the show only starts on Tuesday (it is now Monday morning), but I have been very privileged to be part of a huge 2 day "Pre-show viewing", so to say the least I have seen lots and lots of new things already.

Here's what I have loved so far {i'm sorry I haven't taken many photos, I will take a heap on day 1 of the show}...........

ok 1st of all, I have to say that, Tim says hi to everyone, yes I had the great pleasure of listening to Tim today present all his new goodies, from Ranger products, to Sizzix, Idea-ology and Stampers Anonymous. As usual he is "looking good" and so are his new things. From Ranger he has released 12 new colours of Distress Stickles, these are the new colours to match his Distress Inks. From Sizzix he has some really cool new dies, he is so clever, but I will have to tell more later. His new Idea-ology stuff is just beautiful, of course I will order everything, and yes finally I will be able to get my hands on his Stampers Anonymous Stamps. Most new things were in the Halloween or Christmas spirit, but very very nice. I will attempt to get some video of him on Tuesday so stayed tuned for that. And of course his booth at the show I'm sure will be just beautiful, heaps of photos to come to.

Something also that I came across from Stampers Anonymous is a label called "Darcie's". I am very excited about this, her stamps are just gorgeous, and so are her cards. These will be coming to Scrapbook City very very soon.

So of course, one of our favourites is always My Minds Eye, and this was no exception this year. Zoe you have excelled again, your Alphabet Soup collection is just lovely. Ladies, don't forget Zoe will be doing classes for us soon, using this collection, do not miss this, you will love her layouts. I also can't wait to get my hands on Lost and Found, all I can say is very beautiful. And then 2 new Christmas collections will be coming Holly Jolly which is a very traditional collection (my favourite) and then I Believe, a bit more up beat.

BoBunny - well what can I say, except the photos do not do these new collections any justice at all. it is absoloutely simply stunning in real life. I cannot wait for this to hit our shelves. 5 new collections, called Olivia, Cambridge, Learning Curve (a great new school collection), and 2 beautiful beautiful Christmas collections.

Can I say that "Making Memories is back", their new collections this time are just stunning, so you can expect the shop to be full of MM shortly. There is a new and improved Slice Machine, and lots of new Design Cards coming. But it was the new collections that I was most impressed with particularly their Christmas line "Noel".

Oh I haven't mentioned Spellbinders yet. Guess what, there is a new machine, called the "Grand Calibur" very very easy to use, I go it a go, but what you will like about it is that it can feed paper of up to 8.5 x 11 through, so what this will mean is that quite a few dies can go through the machine at once, yay. And also they have new oversized dies to go through the machine. I have definitely ordered these, and we will get the machine and dies up for preorder on our website shortly, I know you are going to love them.

Ladies, that's it for now, but stay tuned for sometime after Tuesday, I promise, I will take heaps of photos, and try and get Tim on video.
See you all soon
Leisa






























0 comments: