Scrapbook City Shop Online Gallery Classes Newsletter Sign Up Contact Us Card City BlogScrapbook City Blog

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Create your own backgrounds


Hi there, Katie here. Thought I would jump on and tell you about one of my favourite new products from Kaiser Craft. Especially appropriate with the challenge too! I am loving their release of background stamps! Yes, for those who don't know already, I do have a stamp problem already, but this is different.... Honest!

The Kaiser Craft background stamps work beautifully and I love using the Ranger Distress inks with them, and with so many colours to choose from there is always one to match my project. Do you remember my Hippie Girl sample for the challenge, well, if you look carefully at the background you will see a soft check, this was all done using this Kaiser background stamp:


And here is a close-up from the layout so you can see the effect. It is quite subtle here as I chose an ink colour to closely match the cardstock (Aged Paper Distress Ink if I remember correctly). I just lined up the stamp each time to keep the pattern going, which was easy with the clear stamp, until my background was covered. A little trick too, if you are laying paper down, you don't need to stamp behind this, which saves some time!


But what if you want a more bold result? Well you can do that too! In this example, again using Kaiser Craft papers I have used the grunge stamp, this time with darker ink (Vintage Photo Distress Ink) on Kraft cardstock, to give a result that looks like a patterned paper.



Just by repeatedly stamping the background (turning and changing the stamps direction as I went), until I covered the cardstock, I ended up with my own perfectly matching piece of patterned card! Imagine all the other possibilities with different inks and background stamps available! I finished the above piece off by gently adding some ink colour to the edges of the cardstock as well and blending it towards the centre a little.

So, there you have it. More things you can do with the versatile Kaiser Craft stamps! Now just a reminder, you have about 6 days to get your entry in for our first challenge. Just scroll down to the post with the Kaiser Craft challenge to read the details and see how to link your entry. At the moment Anne is a shoe in for a prize!! Someone out there needs to give her some competition!

0 comments: